Introducing the Prepaid Visa® RushCard from UniRush
UniRush is committed to the mission of empowering members by providing access to services that enable them to achieve their personal and financial goals.
Founded in 2003 by entrepreneur and philanthropist Russell Simmons, UniRush, LLC, revolutionized the payments industry when it launched one of the first prepaid Visa debit cards. The Prepaid Visa RushCard provided instant access to a set of basic financial services for over 48 million Americans who could not previously establish traditional banking relationships.
A pioneer and prepaid card industry leader, UniRush is:
- One of the longest standing consumer reload-able prepaid cards to offer a direct deposit loading option.
- The first to offer direct deposit to a Prepaid Visa card.
- The first to offer check-writing capabilities to prepaid debit cardholders.
- The first Prepaid Visa card allowing cardholders to load funds at MoneyGram (in approximately 40,000 locations nationwide).
- The first prepaid debit card to offer comprehensive online money tools allowing cardholders to track balance trends, categorize and analyze personal spending, and create and monitor monthly budgets.
RushCard empowers cardholders to take control of their financial futures. It’s an easy-to-use and convenient alternative to credit cards, traditional banking, and check-cashing services – without the worry of going into debt, overdrawing an account, or incurring costly fees. Cardholders enjoy the freedom and security of having a prepaid Visa card to make payments, track day-to-day spending, build a positive credit file, and manage their monthly finances.
Russell Simmons and the RushCard have been featured on 60 Minutes II, CNN, CNBC, Fox National News, PBS, NPR, The New York Times Magazine, and the covers of Business Week and Fast Company magazine.